Self Awareness And Self Defense Classes For Women & Teenage Girls
Aikido of Modesto offers workshops designed to give women and teenage girls strategies that can be used in a variety of situations. They are perfect for a teen who is heading off to college, real estate agents and other business professionals who must work alone, or any woman concerned for her safety in today’s world.
Students gain confidence and increase awareness as they learn concrete ways to respond to conflict and violence. Classes include role-playing, group discussion and partnership/hands-on exercises.
Areas Covered In Workshop:
- Peaceful conflict resolution
- Dealing with harrassment
- What to do when facing an armed assailant
- Effective releases from grabs
- Practicing effective palm and elbow strikes
- How to defend yourself when standing or on the ground
Workshops are held at Aikido of Modesto. Space is limited!